So, you’ve just stepped into the world of pet influencing, eager to get more followers and attract more views! In this article, we’ll explore seven specific strategies to make your videos more professional, engaging, and ultimately, successful.
These are the 7 ways to get more views on your pet influencing accounts!
- Subscriber Strategy: Avoid the urge to beg for subscribers; focus on providing value to attract organic engagement.
- Audio Excellence: Prioritize high-quality audio to enhance the overall viewing experience, considering the background, volume, and clarity.
- Algorithmic Communication: Utilize captions, on-screen text, and hashtags to guide algorithms, ensuring your content reaches the intended audience.
- On-Screen Text Impact: Leverage on-screen text for immediate viewer engagement, enhanced storytelling, and increased retention.
- Craft Entertaining Content: Capture audience attention through stimulating visuals, narrative engagement, and an understanding of emotional triggers.
- Enhance Video Quality: Elevate video aesthetics by optimizing lighting, framing, and stabilization, creating a more professional and visually appealing look.
- Relatable Content Creation: Foster connections by sharing authentic experiences, embracing vulnerability, and engaging with diverse perspectives to build a loyal and supportive community.
Make sure you also download your eBook and mini course here so you can learn all about the secrets to Pet Influencing! Now, let’s deep dive into each of these points!
1. Stop Begging for Subscribers
The enthusiasm for gaining subscribers is understandable, but begging for them may not be the most effective approach.
Focus on providing value to your audience, whether through entertainment or education. Instead of just asking for subscriptions, concentrate on delivering content that makes people want to follow you.
Starting your pet influencer journey with the goal of getting a huge amount of subscribers is natural, I get it!
However, this approach can make or break your success.
One common pitfall for new creators is the inclination to beg, ask, or even plead with viewers to hit the subscribe button. However, this strategy often yields minimal results and can even turn potential subscribers away.
Why Begging Doesn’t Work:
- Value Over Quantity: This is so important! Successful content creators provide value to their audience. Subscribers are more likely to stick around and engage with your content if they see genuine value in what you offer. Instead of begging for subscriptions, focus on creating content that people want to see and share.
- Authenticity Matters: Audiences relate better with authenticity. When you repeatedly ask for subscribers, it may come across as desperate. Authenticity builds trust, and subscribers are more likely to join when they feel a genuine connection with you and your pet.
- User Experience: Adding popups or voiceovers, asking to subscribe can disrupt the user experience. Viewers want to enjoy your content without feeling pressured or interrupted. Overemphasis on gaining subscribers through multiple requests can lead to a negative viewing experience.
How to Attract Subscribers Without Begging:
- Value-Centric Content: Instead of asking people to subscribe, let your content speak for itself. Whether it’s entertaining, informative, or emotionally relatable, the value you provide will naturally attract subscribers who genuinely enjoy your content.
- Call-to-Action Integration: Incorporate subtle and strategic calls-to-actions within your content! Encourage viewers to subscribe by briefly mentioning the benefits they’ll receive, such as exclusive content, updates, or access to a community.
- Engage and Respond: Actively engage with your audience through comments, messages, and social media. This is key! Responding to your viewers’ comments not only shows appreciation but also establishes a sense of community. Engaged communities are more likely to subscribe, purchase from your merch or links, and stay connected.
2. Elevate Your Audio Quality
Audio quality is often overlooked! But, you don’t need to invest in expensive microphones as a beginner.
Pay attention to background noise and ensure your audio is crisp and clear. Edit your videos with earphones or headphones to catch any imperfections that may affect the viewer’s experience.
While high-quality visuals capture attention, poor audio can quickly turn viewers away. As a new pet content creator, improving your audio quality doesn’t have to be hard, and it can significantly improve the overall viewing experience.
The Importance of Audio Quality:
- Viewer Engagement: High-quality audio is important for maintaining viewer engagement. Clear and crisp audio ensures that your audience can easily understand your message, whether you’re doing a simple voiceover or providing commentary.
- Accessibility: With more people using headphones and earphones, especially on cellphones, many of your viewers may rely on audio to consume content. Improving your audio quality ensures that your message is accessible to a broader audience.
Ways to Improve Audio Quality on a Budget:
- Use Affordable Microphones: As a new creator, you don’t need to invest in expensive equipment. There are budget-friendly microphones available, such as lavalier microphones or USB microphones, that can significantly improve your audio quality.
- Mind Your Surroundings: Be aware of your environment! Minimize background noise, choose quiet locations, and consider using noise reduction techniques during the editing process. This can easily be done in apps like InShot.
- Editing with Earphones: Editing with earphones or headphones allows you to catch weird noises within your audio that might be overlooked when editing without them.
If your content involves voiceovers, script your content and practice delivering it with clarity and a smile on your face while talking. This ensures that your message is conveyed positively and keeps the viewers engaged.
3. Utilize Captions and On-Screen Text
You don’t want to overlook captions!
Boost your video’s discoverability by using captions, on-screen text, and relevant hashtags. This not only enhances accessibility but also informs the algorithm about the content of your video.
Provide context, use keywords, and guide the algorithm to reach the right audience.
In the fast-paced world of social media, where users often scroll through content on mute, the captions and on-screen text play a big role in capturing attention and conveying information.
Ignoring these could mean missing out on a significant portion of your potential audience! Beyond the obvious benefits for viewer engagement, adding captions and on-screen text is a powerful strategy for communicating with the algorithm and expanding the reach of your content.
The Algorithm’s Language:
- Hashtags: By adding in relevant hashtags in your captions, it serves as a roadmap for the algorithm. It helps categorize your content and directs it towards users interested in specific topics.
- Keyword-Rich Descriptions: When typing out video descriptions, be smart about using keywords related to your pet content.
- Optimizing Captions for Search: Captions, especially on platforms like YouTube, contribute to the searchability of your content. By adding in relevant keywords in your captions, it enhances the discoverability of your videos when users search for specific terms or topics.
- Strategic Placement: Place captions and on-screen text strategically to on your content without overwhelming the viewer. Make sure that your added text enhance rather than distract from the visuals.
- Consistency in Style: Maintain consistency in the style and design of your on-screen text. To maintain a brand consistency, you want to use the same style of font and colors with each videos.
4. Use On-Screen Text for Engagement
On-screen text, including captions, can significantly improve viewer engagement.
Many people scroll through videos without sound, so text can be an effective tool to convey your message.
However, be mindful of the style you choose—crisp and clear text tends to perform better than flashy, hard-to-read fonts.
The Visual Impact of On-Screen Text:
- Immediate Hook: On-screen text has the ability to grab the viewer’s attention immediately. Whether it’s a bold statement, a question, or a teaser for what’s to come, this type of text element can serve as a visual hook that encourages viewers to stop scrolling and engage with your content.
- Enhanced Storytelling: Think of on-screen text as a storytelling companion. It can add layers to your voiceovers, emphasizes key points, or provides additional context when needed. Well-crafted on-screen text ensures that viewers who watch with the sound off can also follow and enjoy your videos!
- Increased Retention: Studies have shown that videos with on-screen text tend to have higher viewer retention rates.
Avoiding Pitfalls in On-Screen Text:
- Clarity Over Complexity: While creativity is always encouraged, make sure that your on-screen text remains clear and easy to read. Avoid complex fonts or animations that might distract from your main message!
- Consistency in Style: As hinted at above, it’s important to maintain a consistent style of your on-screen text throughout your content. This consistency not only contributes to a polished look but also reinforces brand recognition.
5. Make Entertaining Content!
Entertaining doesn’t necessarily mean funny; it means capturing your audience’s attention.
Consider what makes your content enjoyable and engaging! Is it showcasing your pet’s playfulness or are you adding a creative twist to your videos?
Creating content that captivates and entertains your audience is a fundamental pillar of success in the realm of content creation.
As a new creator, understanding what makes content truly entertaining can set you apart and pave the way for increased views, engagement, and a superfans.
The Essence of Entertaining Content:
- Beyond Comedy: While humor is a fantastic tool for entertainment, being entertaining doesn’t solely mean creating comedic content. It’s about getting an emotional response from your audience—be it joy, surprise, curiosity, or even empathy.
- Narrative Engagement: Crafting a story about your pet adds depth to your content. A well-structured narrative keeps viewers invested in your content, eagerly anticipating what comes next.
How to Make Your Content More Entertaining:
- Know Your Audience: Understanding your target audience is important! Tailor your content to resonate with their emotions and experiences.
- Educational Entertainment: If your content is informative or educational, find ways to include entertainment into the learning process. Engage your audience through storytelling or interactive text that make the potentially boring content more enjoyable.
- Audience Feedback: Pay attention to the comments, likes, and shares on your videos. Viewer feedback is an indicator of what they like!
6. Enhance Your Video Quality
Poor video quality can affect your video’s reach!
You don’t need expensive equipment; even a simple ring light or recording in natural daylight can make a significant difference.
Bright, clear videos are more likely to attract viewers and can open doors to branded content opportunities.
While you may be using your smartphone for recording, there are many ways to improve your video quality, ensuring that your content is nice to watch and capable of capturing the attention of potential viewers.
The Impact of Video Quality:
- Professional Aesthetics: High-quality video creates a professional vibe that can make your content stand out amongst otherss. Crisp, clear visuals communicate to your audience that you are committed to delivering a polished and visually pleasing viewing experience.
- Improved Viewer Experience: Good video quality contributes to a more enjoyable viewer experience. Viewers are more likely to engage with and share content that looks visually appealing.
- Branding Opportunities: Brands and potential collaborators often seek content creators with high-quality visuals. Enhancing your video quality not only increases your potential audience but also opens doors to collaborations, sponsored content opportunities, and other brand partnerships.
Practical Tips for Improving Video Quality:
- Optimize Lighting: Lighting is everything when it comes to video quality. Natural light is an easily accessible light option. Position yourself in well-lit areas, use daylight when possible, or invest in affordable lighting solutions like ring lights and softboxes to brighten your videos.
- Stabilization Techniques: Unstable or shaky footage can detract from the professionalism of your content.
7. Be Relatable
The secret sauce to success lies in being relatable!
Share experiences and moments that resonate with your audience. Whether it’s the excitement of your pet greeting you at the door or the challenges of pet ownership, relatability builds connections and keeps viewers coming back for more.
Creating content that resonates with your audience on a personal level establishes a connection that turns everyday viewers into superfans!
As a content creator, making your content relatable is not only about gaining views but also about building a community and fostering genuine relationships with your audience.
The Significance of Relatability:
- Building Trust and Connection: Relatable content builds trust by allowing your audience to see themselves in your experiences. When viewers can relate to your content, it creates a sense of shared understanding, making them more likely to engage, comment, and form a connection with you as a creator.
- Emotional Engagement: Emotions are a powerful driver of viewer engagement. Viewers are more likely to remember and return to content that tugs at their emotions and feels personally relevant.
- Understand Your Audience: Know your audience intimately! Understand your target audience’s interests, concerns, and aspirations. This can help you come up with relatable content!
- Encourage Community Engagement: Create a sense of community by actively engaging with your audience! Respond to comments, ask for input, and create opportunities for viewers to share their own experiences. Building a community around your content strengthens the sense of relatability.
Measuring Relatability and Adjusting Strategies:
- Analyze Viewer Feedback: Pay attention to comments, messages, and other forms of viewer feedback. Positive comments indicate that your content is striking a chord with your audience.
- Track Audience Retention: Monitor audience retention metrics to understand when viewers are most engaged. Analyzing these moments can provide insights into the aspects of your content that resonate the most with your audience.
Being a pet influencer can be so much fun and rewarding!
However, if you’re stuck with getting views on your content, there are a handful of tactics and strategies that can help you achieve your goals!
These seven tips—ranging from on screen text to relating with your audience—can guide any pet influencer on the journey to success!
Don’t forget to pick up your eBook and mini course to start your fun side business of pet influencing!